Join our board, and help us make history!
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. The commitment to our mission of “providing the methods and means of presenting McHenry County history to enrich life” is key to the society’s continued success.
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. A commitment to our mission – to engage and educate current and future generations by preserving and sharing McHenry County history – is key.
Serving on the board or volunteering on a committee should be a good fit if you have …
- a passion for history in your life (travels, reading, interests)
- your own collection(s)
- experience serving on other boards
- attended activities and events sponsored by the Society
- volunteered at the Society
- taught school, given a presentation, or otherwise conveyed information to a group
- participated in any advocacy project (social, government, political, religious)
- contributed financially, other than your membership, to the Society in the past
- ideas, talents, expertise you wish to share in order to convey history and enrich lives
- four to eight hours a month to devote to board activities
Everyone brings their own valuable skill set to the table, however MCHS is especially looking for folks with a background in finance or the building trades – as well as a dedicated public servant from the county’s growing Latinx community. Prospective candidates must live or work in McHenry County.
If you would like to learn more or know of a person you believe would embrace this important role, contact Governance Committee Chairwoman Molly Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. New three-year terms begin July 1. The museum is located at 6422 Main St. in Union.
© 2021 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.