Join our board, and help us make history!
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. The commitment to our mission of “providing the methods and means of presenting McHenry County history to enrich life” is key to the society’s continued success.
You might enjoy being a McHenry County Historical Society board membe if your answer is “yes” to many of the following questions:
· Do you have a passion for history in your life (travels, reading, interests)?
· Do you have your own collection(s)?
· Have you served on any other boards?
· Have you attended activities and events sponsored by the Society?
· Have you volunteered at the Society?
· Have you taught school, given a presentation, or otherwise conveyed information to a group?
· Have you participated in any advocacy project (social, government, political, religious)?
· Have you contributed financially, other than your membership, to the Society in the past?
· Do you have ideas, talents, expertise that you would like to share through the McHenry County Historical Society to convey history and enrich lives?
· Do you have two to six hours a month to devote to board activities?
If so, we would like to hear from you!
If you would like to learn more or know of an individual you believe would embrace this important role, contact Governance Committee Chairwoman Molly Walsh at email@example.com. New three-year terms begin July 1.
The McHenry County Historical Society Board of Directors meets the fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the museum, excluding December. Meetings rarely exceed two hours and are open to all members.
The museum is located at 6422 Main St. in Union.
2016 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING SCHEDULE
- January 25
- February 22
- March 28
- April 25
- May 23 – Monday before Memorial Day
- June 26 – Annual meeting
- June 27
- July 25
- August 22
- September 26
- October 24
- November 28
- December – No meeting