Share your COVID experiences with MCHS
All About the McHenry County Historical Society.... What we do, and Who we are! Come and Join Us!
The Historical Society OFFICE open year-round, 9 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Museum admission free to members.
Not pictured above are Rob Cisneros, Mary Ellen Heelan and Molly Walsh.
Join our board, and help us make history!
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum is seeking historically minded individuals interested in shaping the future direction of the society by serving as board members. The commitment to our mission of “providing the methods and means of presenting McHenry County history to enrich life” is key to the society’s continued success.
You might enjoy being a McHenry County Historical Society board membe if your answer is “yes” to many of the following questions:
· Do you have a passion for history in your life (travels, reading, interests)?
· Do you have your own collection(s)?
· Have you served on any other boards?
· Have you attended activities and events sponsored by the Society?
· Have you volunteered at the Society?
· Have you taught school, given a presentation, or otherwise conveyed information to a group?
· Have you participated in any advocacy project (social, government, political, religious)?
· Have you contributed financially, other than your membership, to the Society in the past?
· Do you have ideas, talents, expertise that you would like to share through the McHenry County Historical Society to convey history and enrich lives?
· Do you have two to six hours a month to devote to board activities?
If so, we would like to hear from you!
If you would like to learn more or know of an individual you believe would embrace this important role, contact Governance Committee Chairwoman Molly Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. New three-year terms begin July 1. The museum is located at 6422 Main St. in Union.
© 2020 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.