County has tie to Revolutionary War
Antiques Great Show
The McHenry County Historical Society & Museum hosted sixth annual Antique Appraisal Day from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, at the museum, 6422 Main St., Union. Items included a piece of Teco pottery, several incredibly rare books, an extraordinary stemp collection and fragile flag. Appraiser Jim McArdle of Iron Horse Antiques estimated that this linen centennial flag owned by Mark and Sue Richmond of Algonquin is worth an estimated $1,000. The fragile flag is eight feet long and has 13 hand-sewn stars.
Special thank you to our fabulous, volunteer appraisers:
• Debbie and Jim McArdle, owners of Iron Horse Antiques & Appraisers in Crystal Lake
• Lynne Eltrevoog, Cat's Meow Antiques, Union
• Ken Pakula, Rockford
• Scott Teasdale, Woodland Art Gallery & Frame Shoppe, Crystal Lake
• Kurt Gippert, Kurt Gippert Bookseller, Chicago
• Daniel Ring, Bull Valley
• Barb Peterson, McHenry
• David Krieg, Harvard
• Max Cannon and Karly Bulinski of Steffan’s Jewelers, McHenry
• Michael Osaky, Baseball in the Attic, Chicago
© 2022 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.