7 p.m. September 26
The McHenry County Joint Council of Historic Groups features representatives from McHenry County museums, archives, historical societies and like-minded organizations united by a common desire to preserve and promote this area’s past. These representatives are brought together to:
• Share resources and expertise
• Mentor each other in best museum practices
• Facilitate discussions on topics of common interests related to museums and historical preservation
• Become better acquainted with each other’s organizations and collections
We generally meet twice a year, once in the spring and again in fall. For information contact Kurt Begalka at email@example.com.
When: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26
Where: Boone County Museum of History: 314 S. State St. (Business 20), Belvidere. Located just south of the Kishwaukee River at the juncture of Newburg Road/W. Locust Street.
• Join Executive Director Anna Pivoras for a tour of the museum, its research library in a former bank building (with a “rare book” vault) and new 6,000-square-foot Grand Gallery. The museum is partially supported by a countywide tax levy.
• General information – Each group gives a short update of their activities and future programs.