Questers "Adopt An Artifact"
TIMED MUSEUM ADMISSION FOR PUBLIC STARTS AUG. 18
The McHenry County Historical Society has established an annual $1,000 college scholarship to honor its former administrator, Nancy Fike.
For more than 40 years, Fike demonstrated her love for McHenry County and its history. Her attention to education and historic accuracy can be observed in the programs, museum, research library, and buildings now owned and maintained by the Society.
The Nancy Fike Scholarship is presented each year to a graduating senior from a McHenry County high school who plans to study education, history or the social sciences. The financial award will be given on behalf of the student to his or her chosen college or university.
Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, provide two letters of recommendation as specified in the application, show proof of community service and write a minimum 500 word essay pertaining to McHenry County. Essay topics will be announced each year by the Society. This year's topic marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, 1970..
Submit your documents online, or download this PDF and mail your documents.
• Environmental Defenders of McHenry County, Woodstock.
(815) 338-0393 mcdef.org
• Land Conservancy of McHenry County
(815) 337-9502 https://www.conservemc.org
• Lou Marchi Total Recycling Institute, McHenry County College
(815) 479-7765 https://www.mchenry.edu/green/campus/lmtri.asp
• McHenry County
– Leonore Buckleyk, solid waste coordinator, 815-334-4560
– Scott Kuykendall, water resource specialist, 815-334-2863
© 2020 MCHS- All Rights Reserved.